Charmed Chatter

The musings of a Personal Trainer/Foodie, en route to adding Yoga Teacher to the mix!

The debate rages on over whether to have music or not have music in yoga class. It's a sensitive topic, because like any other art music is completely subjective. One persons noise is another persons symphony. In fact, funny enough, one of my best friends told me while chatting the other day that one of her instructors played AC/DC in her hot flow class and she "...JUST LOVED IT!!!!" Where, conversely, I would just not be impressed with hard rock getting me all out of my personal ebb and flow in flow class...

Now, I am a huge fan of the kind of tunes that just make you bob your head in a slow-mo-easy-go fashion... The kind of tune that while it's playing you can totally zone out because it's just sort of "there", bumping you along gently, leading you to new mindscapes.

So, this is my list of Flowtastic Yoga Tunes, to ideally accompany a 75 minute flow/vinyasa/Ashtanga Style class. You will notice there is only about 70 minutes of music, and this is because I think that it's important to have silence during my Savasana. When the instructors turn the tunes off at the end, I find it's much easier to sit and absorb my practice, and once I'm instructing next spring I fully plan to have a Silent-Savasana after every practice I lead!

Now, without further adieu....

1) Orbital - Halcyon On and On - Time: 9:28 - Listen to it here!
2) Massive Attack - Teardrop - Time 4:55 - Listen to it here!
3) Thievery Corporation - Until the Morning - Time 3:56 - Listen to it here!
4) Thievery Corporation - A Gentle Dissolve - Time 2:50 - Listen to it here!
5) Groove Armada - Paris - Time 5:35 - Listen to it here!
6) John Martyn (remix) - Sunshine’s Better - Time 5:46 - Listen to it here!
7) Nina Simone, Verve Remixed - Feeling Good - Time 6:05 - Listen to it here!
8) Astrud Gilberto, Verve Remixed -Who Needs Forever - Time 4:14 - Listen to it here!
9) Dido - Sand in my Shoes - Time 3:43- Listen to it here!
10) Florence & the Machine -Cosmic Love - Time 4:00 - Listen to it here!
11) Bjork - Unravel -Time 3:23 - Listen to it here
12) Moby - Rushing - Time 2:58 - Listen to it here!
13) Madonna (remix) - What it Feels Like for a Girl - Time: 4.38 - Listen to it here
14) Mark Farina Ft. Sean Hayes - Dream Machine - Time 5:26 - Listen to it here!  

I hope you enjoy my recommended yoga-tunes! If you did, you may want to check out some amazing compilation albums which have many volumes to choose from... They are:

1) Buddha Bar
2) Cafe Del Mar
3) Verve Remixed
4) Hotel Costes

Let me know what you think of my recommends in the comments!! 

Namaste!

2 comments:

oh wow, so many of my faves on here! love verve remixes and all the compilation albums you listed are on heavy rotation over here. nice! :)

Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one
is getting more from this site, and your views are nice for new people.


My web page ... electric shock collar for barking dogs

Post a Comment